The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Complete Works of Robert Heinlein  (Read 1456 times)

MamaLiberty

• It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.
  • Administrator
  • Individual Sovereign/ Personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty
The Complete Works of Robert Heinlein
« on: April 24, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »

Don't know if this was ever posted or not, but I thought it might be of interest to the folks here. Sure wish I had that kind of money...

The Complete Works of Robert Heinlein. http://www.virginiaedition.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

This set comprises 46 volumes, bound in leather, printed on archival-quality acid-free paper, with text taken from the last volume in which Heinlein had a hand in the preparation of the test for printing.

Select payment options below. Full payment is $1500.00. You may pay for the collection in its entirety now, or choose to pay in five installments of $300.00 ($1650.00 total) each charged every other month, or 12 installments of $145.00 ($1740.00 total) each charged monthly.
But, in the end, I live and therefore I am. I don't need any other person's permission to live or defend myself. I don't need anyone's vetting of my intentions or sanity, nor approval for the self defense tool I choose or how I carry it.

I don't NEED to explain myself. I don't NEED any reasons at all.

azcoyote

• Tom Paine wannabe
Re: The Complete Works of Robert Heinlein
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:42:44 pm »

I checked out the Virginia Editions a few months ago. I was drooling but too pricey for me.

I think I have a complete set of his books. The later works I got in hardback when they came out in the 80's, most of the rest are paperbacks--some 35- 40 years old. The Navy lost a few but I later replaced them. The Science Fiction Book Club has done some collections of a few of the juveniles which are good for reading copies.

A couple of years ago I was buying few first editions on eBay. The British first of "Stranger" was a pretty farthing with shipping and all but still was cheaper than a US one. I did get a couple of juveniles in kinda ratty library editions but that was the only way they were released back then. Of course the later ones are cheaper.

Might be time to read the unabridged "Stranger" again. Thanks for the reminder.

Coyote
Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. Robert A. Heinlein

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:07:16 am »

OoooooH!  :read2: :headbang: Until you get to the price  :violent4: :panic:...........just had to use them.  I may find a way anyway, for the free thinking instruction they give.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........

Junker

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:08:05 pm »

Free thinking...Heinlein... DIY... steal a copy from someone illegally distroing them...
Better yet give the mission to the kids... make 'em smarter in trying

like school &  home school
give the answers or have the kids find 'em themselves   :laugh:
Pages: [1]   Go Up